Application & Coating Engineering
FST has the experience, knowledge and resources available to provide you with a full support in finding solutions for your specific surface problems or requirements, such as:
- Abrasion & erosion resistance
- Fretting & galling resistance
- Sliding wear resistance
- Cavitation resistance
- Chemical attack resistance
- High temperature oxidation & sulfidation resistance
- Thermal, diffusion & electrical insulation
- Thermal & electrical conductivity
FST has the facilities to offer all the processes, services and expertise required to evaluate the use of coatings on a wide variety of applications. These services are made available to our customers:
- Consultancy Services, Help & Advice
- Feasibility Studies
- Materials Selection & Engineering
- Coating and Parameter Development
- Coating Evaluation
- Laboratory Test Facilities
- Production Optimization
- Samples & Trials
- Research & Development Programs
Let FST, develop your applications or unique coating solutions. You will see that we can offer an effective yet economical solution to your needs. FST welcomes this service by providing confidential 'Technology Transfer'. Whether via a “shop in a shop” facility or the installation of a production coating facility, the Technology Transfer is essential to making the learning curve as short as possible.
Surface Preparation by means of cleaning or grit blasting
To properly apply coating and guarantee the best possible bonding Flame Spray Technologies offers the various surface preparation techniques including surface cleaning.
Coatings Services using; Plasma, HVOF, Arc, Flame Wire and Flame Powder.
FST has all thermal spray processes available and is therefore able to offer the best performing solution to for your specific application.
- Robotic Spray Cells
- HVOF Process
- Plasma Process
- Arc-Spray Process
- Flame Wire & Powder Process
- Laboratory Services
Laboratory Services & Quality Control
To assure coating quality and to understand coating performance Flame Spray Technologies has installed a complete laboratory including:
- Microscope including image analysing
- Metallographic Equipment
- Surface Roughness Measuring Equipment
- Rubber Wheel Wear Test according to ASTM G65
- Hardness Tester: Vickers and Rockwell
- Hall Flow Meter
- Apparent Density etc.
Flame Spray Technologies is a NEN-EN-ISO 9001:2008 certified company.