FST offers know-how, expertise and added value through a specialized company SEI (Surface Engineering & Innovation Ltd.). SEI offers well-balanced advice and support services for all your surface engineering questions. Finding a solution to a surface application or problem requires a holistic approach. In order to find a sustainable solution, it is important to look at a surface problem from various fields of expertise such as; coating production processes, coating equipment, application development, manufacturing set-up, supply chain management, quality control, people, economics and return of investment. This also leads to the question "what production strategy is the right fit? Outsourcing or in-house production?"
SEI draws its expertise from years of service in the field of surface solutions to develop complete coating solutions for our customers.
SEI product offering includes:
- Developing new surface solutions for specific applications starting from material selection to parameter optimization and eventual finishing techniques.
- Business case preparation to evaluate the merits of insourcing vs outsourcing or the setting up of a 'Shop in Shop' solution.
- Equipment and material selection, engineering, supply and techno-commercial evaluation.
- Equipment, material and spare parts sourcing for thermal spray, cold spray & laser cladding equipment.
- Project Management Services for the implementation of Capex projects.
- Thermal spray industry Best Practices and Operational Audits: shop floor, quotations, laboratory, management & sales, etc.
- Technical sales support.
- Training in the thermal spray – basics, advanced, applications, critical maintenance, etc.
- Coating services support through Engineered Performance Coatings (EPC), and other accredited Coating Service Shops.
SEI customers include individual coating shops, OEM’s, R&D houses, universities and start-ups just venturing into the world of surface solutions.
SEI can support you no matter what stage you are at – whether contemplating to insource or outsource your coating activity or simply finding a coating solution that resolves your surface problem.