The eGun™ System
Ethanol-fueled HVOF Technology
THE NEXT STEP IN HVOF TECHNOLOGY
When FST began investigating the proposition of developing and introducing a new thermal spray gun (technology) of our own manufacture, we asked ourselves the following question: how can we reduce operational costs and increase application efficiency without compromising coating quality?
After an intensive development program, FST is pleased to announce the eGun™ System. The eGun™ is a liquid fuel HVOF gun that utilizes ethanol as its fuel. The eGun™ is capable of imparting higher particle velocities due to its ability to achieve higher combustion chamber pressures.
The eGun™ System, with the unique High Pressure HVOF eGun™ represents the latest liquid fuel HVOF technology. With this system we are bringing a new and unique coating technology to market. Numerous spray trials have demonstrated that the eGun™ produces coatings of equal or higher quality compared to conventional HVOF or HP-HVOF torches.
eGun™ (ethanol based liquid fuel HVOF) benefits
- Larger window of operation vs kerosene, thus better control over the balance between kinetic and thermal energy of the particles.
- No ash formation
- Less toxic fumes
- Environmentally friendly
- Consistent fuel
- Easy smooth system starts and ramp-ups
- Ability to run very fuel rich, creating new coatings and application opportunities
- High coating integrity and uniformity.
- Higher combustion chamber pressure results in higher particle speed.
- 30%-50% reduction in oxygen usage
- Up to 50% reduction in required cooling power
The eGun™ System
Flame Spray Technologies has introduced a state-of-the-art mass flow controlled HVOF coating system with unique performance. The touch screen operated system brings flexible and accurate process control to your fingertips. Only premium components and the latest available technology have been used in the manufacture of the eGun™ System. This guarantees the highest possible up-time and safety.
The eGun™ System separates fuel, gas and electrical components into distinct modules. Flow, pressure and temperature sensors have been integrated to monitor the process and provide warnings when the system is operating outside of its specified limits.
In addition to controlling FST’s eGun™, the system is also capable of operating the JP-5000® Model 5220 kerosene HVOF torch. This allows the customer to use either the new eGun™ or conventional JP-5000® technology. The JP-5000® feature is optional.
A standard eGun™ System consists of the following components:
- Touch Screen Panel (TSP)
- Electric Control Module (ECM)
- Gas/Fuel Control Module (GFCM)
- PF-50 Powder Feeder
- Jam Box (JB)
- eGun™ Hose and Cable Package
- eGun™ HP-HVOF
- E-Stop and Exhaust Flow sensor